Winter at Evensong Farm is always a time of reflection and planning. We ponder everything — What went well for the farm the previous year… What could have gone better?
Our focus, of course, is always to answer: What more can we do to please our loyal customers? This year we particularly examined the success of our Meat and Chicken Buyers Clubs and the Egg CSA.
For 2013 I’m simplifying our Clubs to give customers more choice, and myself a break from the stress of maintaining copious amounts of paperwork.
So, today I’m excited to announce Evensong Farm’s new discount buyers program. It’s called the Evensong Farmata Account (a take-off of Fermata — see the bottom of this page for more info). With your pre-paid Farmata Account you receive a 10–15% discount on ALL Evensong products you buy throughout the year. When you come to the farm or to the market stand, you can leave your cash at home and say: “Put that on my account, please!” (We’ll debit your account accordingly.)
Simply choose the amount to put on your Evensong Farmata Account (EFA), starting at a minimum of $250. For some of you, $250 will be enough for 6 months of discounted purchases. For others, it might only be enough for one month — you choose the amount that’s right for you and your budget. As soon as your EFA is activated you’ll then enjoy discounts on ALL Evensong Farm products you buy at market or on the farm (eggs, chicken, beef, pork, herbs, tomatoes). Unlike other buyer’s clubs, with your EFA you’re free to choose whatever you want from what’s available each week.
Please note, Farmata Accounts may only be activated during the month of March! Just as CSAs and Buyers Clubs are paid in advance, so is the EFA. You may make more than one deposit during March, but only deposits received in March may be used for discounted products in 2013. Things start to get a bit crazy around here in April, and we must have all paperwork done before then!
Evensong Farmata Account ~ Benefits:
- By pre-paying your EFA you receive a 10% discount on all Evensong farmers market purchases, and a 15% discount on all on-farm purchases.
- Your EFA purchases may be made at any time throughout 2013, and your discount continues until you use up your account balance. Your Farmata Account gives you discounts on whatever products you like best — unlike last year’s buyers club when I chose each week’s share. Do you only want chicken? Sure! A sausage lover? Fine! A sausage hater? That works too! You pick from what’s available each week.
- As a Farmata member you’ll get advance notice when new items are available — so you can schedule a trip to see me, for instance, just when I’m returning from the butcher’s with fresh pork, new sausages, or perfectly aged beef.
- And, best of all, you won’t need cash or a credit card when you make your Evensong purchases. I’ll just record your purchase on your farm account, and you’ll be on your way!
Easy, Pea-sy, Lemon squeezy. Oh yeah — and don’t forget our lemonade!
To sign up for the Evensong Farmata Account, fill out the form below, and make a deposit payment for your account in one of three ways:
- Cash — in person
- Check — by mail or in person
- Credit Card — if you wish to use a credit card, we’ll pass along the merchant fee associated with the transaction. In person that fee is 2.75%. If you wish to pay online, I’ll send you a PayPal invoice, and the fee will be 2.9% of your total transaction.
When I receive your sign up form I’ll send you a confirmation email with payment options. It may take a few days for me to send your confirmation email….be patient
Evensong Farmata Account ~ Sign-Up:
About the Fermata:
Ever notice the little symbol over the “o” in our logo? It’s a musical notation called a Fermata, and it signifies “the sustaining of a note, chord, or rest for a duration longer than the indicated time value, with the length of the extension at the performer’s discretion.”
Ensuring that Evensong Farm is sustainable is one of our greatest goals — both environmentally and financially. The biggest contributor to this goal is a respectful and healthy relationship between you and I, customer and farmer. Together, we are the performers in this song of the land. Together, we’ll sustain this farm for a long duration, hopefully well beyond our “indicated time value.”